I attended an event this past weekend called The Art of Footwear an initiative by Hush Puppies for breast cancer awareness.
The event was centered around breast cancer awareness but also promoted young talent by having artists from different backgrounds create artworks related to breast cancer which will be sold and auctioned. The proceeds will go towards cancer initiatives and the art pieces will form part of a 2017 calendar to be sold across Hush Puppies stores across the world.
It being Breast Cancer Awareness month I thought I should share a post on the subject. Breast cancer isn’t foreign to me and my family and I think it’s important that more women are educated on the subject.
Although these may not be definitive signs of breast cancer, if you start noticing any of these signs and symptoms you should get checked out:
- Change in the size and shape of the breast
- Thickening of the skin of the nipple or ulceration
- Eczema of the nipple, itching or scaly patches
- Nipple turning inwards
- Thickening or dimpling of the skin of the breast
- Lumps noticed under the arm